Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Can you die from being plastic wrapped? Let's find out!

David Arrington came over last week and thought it would be fun to plastic wrap a person. When David proposed this idea, jokingly, I jumped in excitement. I had no clue what I was getting myself into, only that it sounded very fun. David had a large plastic bag and a vacuum with him. I got into the bag and closed it over my head. At this point your all thinking "What! Lizzy is stupid enough to close herself into an air tight bag?" To answer your question, YUP I'm that smart. As you can determine for yourself, my stupidity often leads me into life threatening situations. Those are stories for another time. Anywho... Sarah was next to the bag at the time, so she reminded me of my need to breath oxygen in order to live. I quickly scanned my memory bank of Biology class, which confirmed Sarah's comment on me needing oxygen. However, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure Sarah took her sweet time before advising me that I needed to live. Hmmmm... I'll have to speak to her about that. Once I got my neck out of the bag David started the vacuum. My lungs were instantly compacted from the sucking force of the evil vacuum tube. I felt as if the vacuum and bag where destined to take my young life from me. I repeated many times, as you can hear in the video, "Okay, Okay Ouch!" But for some odd reason no one seemed to believe me when I cried for my lungs to be restored to normal size. I now know what Mercutio must have felt when he called out "A plague o' both your houses!" yet no one believed him as he was clearly dying. As I think of it Mercutio was, as I was, surrounded by friends and family that claimed to love him. After all of my family's enjoyment was over they began to pump air into the bag. Once the bag released its suffocating grip on my body, I pushed my way out. Because of my lack of good memory the video and my story may not match completely, but this is how I choose to remember my life threatening event...if you have a problem with this, deal with it! :)

After I had my turn being plastic wrapped, Sarah thought it would be fun to take a whack at it. I could have been the caring, loving, wonderful sister that I am and said "Getting the air sucked out of a bag while inside hurts very bad. I don't think you should risk your life for my enjoyment." But I decided to let Sarah learn a lesson from what she was about to experience. The lesson I intended for her to learn was, when Lizzy says "Okay, Okay Ouch!" you should know to translate that into "Oh boy, this hurts. If you could help me out by turning off the vacuum that is slowing killing me, I would really appreciate it, thanks." I'm pretty sure she learned her lesson. Her finger got hurt pretty bad. But I show no sympathy for the injury that she brought upon herself. ;)

One more thing you should notice...David kept Sarah in pain for less time than he kept me in pain...hmmmm, this is something you should all hold against him if you ever get the chance to plastic wrap David.

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! What a creative way to entertain yourselves! (o: I'm glad you kept your heads out of the bag. (o: too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...