Friday, October 2, 2009

Are The Consequences Worth Being The Favorite Teacher?

I believe there are only a couple of negatives that a well liked teacher has to undergo by the average student. But for the teacher who is...fortunate enough to have me as a "fan", well, they suffer the consequences....daily.
Last week I decided it was about that time in the school year when I needed to do some damage. It took me two days to think of what I really wanted to do to a specific teacher. I thought newspapering her door would be fun. Hmmmm, maybe I could bubble wrap her door.
I stayed up all night contemplating the perfect way to show my "friendship" towards this teacher. Some, or most, of my ideas had to be thrown away do to the consequences I would face if I dared to do them.
Finally, as I was putting Seran Wrap on dinner's left overs, the perfect Plan-of-Vandalization hit me like a truck. I nearly fell over with excitement. Seran Wrapping my teacher's door, it's perfect, so random, so me, I love it. Then I thought oh no, what if while I'm Seran Wrapping her door she comes out and catches me? I had to rethink my plan.
The next day I went into another teacher's class room, Miller, and asked if she would leave her door open for me to get from her room to Mulvey's room during lunch. I told her my plan and she agreed to "forget" to lock her door. However, Miller did have one condition: If I was to get caught, she had nothing to do with it. I said ok and my plan was set.
During lunch I went into Miller's room and waited till I heard Mulvey leave, which took forever. When she was gone I went to the wall divider and attempted to open it. Miller warned me about the difficulty in opening the wall. It took me 10 minutes of pulling on the door before I realized that I should be pushing instead. The door opened and I rushed into action.
The first thing I did was wrap Mulvey's chair. I didn't plan on it being so difficult to Seran Wrap a chair, but it was. As I went from chair to stapler then to the door, I began to get more and more worried that Mulvey might just come back in the room while I was in there. I quickened my pace. Just as I was wrapping her desk I heard a knock on the door. I froze. Because of the glare on the window I couldn't see who was at the door. I was positive that Mulvey was back and there to kill me. My heart was pounding. I prepared for Mulvey to storm in and kill me. I put on an innocent face in hopes that she might fall for the I-just-got-here-and-it-was-like-this-face. I took a better look at the door and I was relieved to see that it was just a student. I opened the door and acted like I was supposed to be in the class room without any teacher. I answered the student's question and shut the door. After the scare, I took out my camera and documented the crime scene. Even when the job was done my adrenaline was rushing. I don't know what I would have done in it was Mulvey at the door.
I went about the rest of my day using the hallways that didn't pass her room to get to my other classes (as a result I was almost late for class.) As the day drew to an end I began to expect the worst for the days to come. I knew I wouldn't be able to avoid her for the rest of the week, especially because I was supposed to get an assignment from her the next day.
Miller was entering Liberty at the same time I was the next morning. I asked her what Mulvey's reaction was. I, finally, was put to ease when Miller said that Mulvey thought it was funny.
I went into Mulvey's room and asked for the assignment. I acted like I had no recollection of what had occurred in the day before. She insisted that I was the culprit, and I persisted to plead innocent. I said "Why do you always accuse me of the things that happen to you, gosh that's not very teacher like. You should be ashamed. You're jumping to conclusions, and you don't even know if I was here yesterday. I want a Lawyer." Well, I didn't exactly say that last sentence, but if I did that would have been a slap in the face. She ended the conversation by saying "Yeah, that's right, we're in a fight!" I left the room smiling. I felt proud of my acting skills.
For all of you who watch The Office, you know about Jim putting Dwight's supplies in Jello. Yesterday, I thought it would be a good idea to put a whole apple in Jello instead of doing my homework. I had never made Jello before. I followed the directions, as much as I felt was necessary. Not thinking about the purpose of a specified amount of water for the specified amount of Jello mix, I put lots of water with a little pinch of Jello mix. I didn't want the Jello color to be too dark for the Apple to be seen. I woke up the next morning to a bowl of red water. Right then I realized my mistake and promised to never attempt Jello again.
I visited with a former teacher from Poynter this past week, and shared the Seran Wrap incident. He gave me some new ideas for what I could do next. Now all I have to do is buy a boat load of balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...