Monday, September 21, 2009

XC Meet #2

I feel like an over obsessive mom when it comes to Sarah's Cross Country meets. We all see those moms at a game that get out of their cars carrying a camera, dinner-in-a-sack, jacket, unfoldable chair, umbrella, first aid kit, and the occasional poster saying "Go Billy!" I use to think wow I feel bad for the kid who has to deal with that. But now I understand the thrill that drove Super-Mom to such measures.
Ever since Sarah's first Cross Country meet I fell in love with being one of the spectators. As much as I would love to be out there running in the mud and rain, I think, in this case, being on the sidelines could be considered a workout as well. I've learned to come prepared for exercise. Once that starting gun is shot for runners to go, and I've taken as many pictures of Sarah as possible before she's out of sight, I have to run to the next best spot for another glance of Sarah as she rushes past. The secret to being where the runners are every chance you get, all you have to do is follow the coach.
I'm a little embarrassed to confess that I can be very aggressive when it comes to getting to the best-picture-spot before the professional photographer takes it. I know, about half my friends are professional photographers and y'all are prolly scowling at me right now. I cant help it. My little Sarah is growing up and I need every picture I can get.
Anyway, I'll be turning over my obsessive parent role back over to my parents when Lacrosse season starts, but for now it's all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...