Friday, October 9, 2009

Da' Blood Drive

Last week some girls at school came up to me and asked me if I wanted to give blood. I took the form, signed it, and forgot about it. It wasn't till Wednesday that I actually remembered and realized what I had done. The blood drive was the next day and I was flippin' out.
Thursday came and I was feeling the butterflies race in my stomach. Thursday, also, happened to be the day that my English class' student teacher was shadowing me the whole day(for college reasons.) I didn't know when I would be pulled out of class for the donation, so she had to watch me freak out all day.
Finally I was tired of waiting so I went up to the blood drive and got in line. When I told them I had been to Mexico that year, they interrogated me to make sure I dint go to any skechy places. After what felt like hours of interviewing, forms, and reading I got the first of the torture. My poor little finger had to be pricked. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I had a pass sent to my friend Shayna's class so that she could come down and hold my hand. I know I'm a wimp. I sat down to get "hooked-up" and right away I couldn't stop laughing. I tend to laugh when I am that nervous. The nurse I had was hilarious. She kept referring to me as the girl she was about to jab with a needle.
For obvious reasons, I didn't watch the needle when it was being "jabbed" into my arm. But Shayna was watching and seeing her face as it was all happening was enough. It turns out my arm decided to squirt the nurse with my blood. I filled a pint of blood in like 5 seconds. I'm a champ. I didn't even feel one bit different when I was done.
I had a great time donating blood, now I'm officially addicted to blood drives. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...