Friday, December 12, 2008

Starting something new

I was talking to my mom awhile ago about school and she mentioned something funny about my dad. She said "Dad used to be really good at poetry... but then he became a lawyer." HaHaHa! I still laugh about that. Just recently a friend of mine has introduced me to the wonderful world of poetry. At first I thought poetry wasnt for me, but now I love it. I have only written about ten poems so far. I plan to continue writting poems still.
Most people know that I am a very shy person. I don't share my feelings unless it is to myself in a journal. That's just who I am. Ever since I wrote an essay for my English, teacher I have been trying harder to share my feelings about my mom's Breast Cancer. One of the ways I have found to be most effective is through poetry. I like that I don't have to say anything, I can just write it all out in a meaningful way. I have only shared my poems with a few people, and I appreciate the comments that they have said to me about my poems. I guess I could post a poem or two on my blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...