Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Love for Hiking

This past summer Sarah and I flew up to Utah to spend some time with my sister Melissa and my awesome Bro in law Brett. All four of us drove up to the bottom of Mt. Timpanogas to hike up the mountain and stay the night.

We found a place for our tent, but our tent was like 20ft by 20ft, no joke. Brett is a big camping person so he has all the good stuff. Sarah, Brett, and I had previously cooked some stakes, so all we had to do was make a fire and eat. Brett loves chocolate milk so that's what we drank. Then we made smores, yummy!

After we ate we headed for bed. We got in the tent, a half hour passes and we hear this thing outside our tent. We all get up at the same time, and Brett says "Hey guys, did you hear that?" Melissa says, "I think its a bear, or maybe a lion." I am basically dead scared at this point. You could see the shadow of this thing outside our tent. We can hear it getting into our camp stuff. Brett then says, "Oh crape... did we put the chocolate milk away?" About 30 minutes pass and each of us are eventually passed out. (Brett was snoring.)
The next morning was Sunday and we all woke up to a hot sun and the sound of the people singing at the outside church down the road. It was a B-E-A utiful morning. I took some pictures and then we all cleaned everything up and got ready to hike up the mountain.

We get to the bottom of the mountain and began our journey up. This climb was a lot harder than I thought it would be. But eventually we got to the spot we were looking for...the waterfall.





We stayed up there for a while to take some pictures and hang out in the shade. I climbed up a big rock and looked out over the trails we walked to get to where we were. I could so make this an analogy to life, but that would bore you. After we were done there we decided to head back down. The nature was even more spectacular the second time down the trails. I loved our hike up Mt. Timpanogas, it was so fun. I would do it all over again in a second.

We drove home and ate dinner at Brett's parents house. I had a great day full of family, nature, and sore feet.

1 comment:

  1. Did you hike all the way up where the glaciers are? If so, that's a long hike. I hiked all the way to the top with my family and we took garbage bags and used them as sleds to slide down the glacier! Kind of crazy now that I think about it! There was a teeny tiny shed thing at the very top that some scouts put there, I remember... That is a BEAUTIFUL hike. I remember lots of wildflowers, fields of them, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...