Tuesday, September 1, 2009

RedRobins

A group of my friends and I got together for our birthdays. Sarah, Mckinna, and Arrigotti's birthdays were on August 22, 24, and 28th, and my birthday is on September 9th. We all thought it would be nice to celebrate together, and I wasn't about to let a chance to open presents early pass me by.
Saturday night came and Sarah and I planned out when we would have to be done getting ready in order to show up at RedRobins at exactly 8:30. We hopped in the car and eventually we pulled into RedRobins at exactly 8:30. Feeling good about being on time, we walked into RedRobins to search for our table of friends. Minutes had passed with no luck and no friends to be found. I decided to call Katie to see if we were the first to arrive. I was relieved to hear that they were already there. She gave me directions to their table "Straight down the main isle, take a left, then you will see us." I did just as she directed, but no one was to be found. I went over her directions over and over again until I realized that the waiters had started to look at me with curiosity. I walked out the door and quickly called Katie once again. After I told her she was definitely not at RedRobins, she said "well, what RedRobins are you at?" I said "The only RedRobins in Hillsboro. Where else would I go?" She began to laugh and I walked to my car as I realized what had happened. Sarah and I had to drive an hour away to a RedRobins that, in our minds, did not exist.
I don't know how to quite describe the events that took place in the car as we drove to our new destination. Lets just say there was a lot of crying, screaming, yelling, confusion, and stress on the way there. The first of the yelling occurred when the stop light wouldn't turn green. I sat quietly until all of the sudden Sarah yells out "turn green, Gahhh!" Sarah tends to yell really loud when a situation gets too much to handle. Just to fit in, I yell too. Basically, at every light on the way to Beverton we would be screaming and yelling. To make matters worse, Sarah had been fasting for her patriarchal blessing, so she was getting lightheaded from screaming and her eyesight pretty much sucks without glasses....she didn't bring glasses. Can you just imagine how her driving was at this point.
The yelling and screaming came to a dramatic end when we got pulled over by a cop. Yup, Sarah's driving 'skills' weren't at their best that night. I'm totally kidding...just makin' sure you're paying attention. Anyways, my yelling and screaming turned into tears when we missed the turn off and had to go across the highway. My crying was a mix of laughing and crying. I was crying because we had been driving forever and my throat hurt from yelling, and I was laughing because I couldn't stop crying. But seriously, the car ride was crazy. I just wish I had recorded it.
The party turned out great. We ate, took pictures, opened gifts, and had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...