Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rappelling

Last weekend I went Rappelling with the church youth group at Lewis and Clark Park. On the way there I was telling Katie how I was going to rappel head first (Sarah did it and told me i should.) My dreams were shattered when I hiked up to the cliff that I was supposed to rappel down. I'm usually a dare devil when it comes to things like rock climbing, but when I saw the cliff drop off I found myself clinging to the nearest tree for safety.
After a while I faced my fears and went to put on the harness. Rock climbing looks easy from a distance, but when your up there you cant see where any of the foot holes are. I got probably a wimpy twelve feet up the cliff face before my arms were dead and I gave up. One day I'll go back and conquer that cliff, but for now I'll stick to the REI rock wall.

Here's Kelly climbing higher than everyone.

Here's Katie Rappelling.

If you look close my tongue is stuck out for major concentration.

At this point I'm clinging for my life to the wall. I never quite got it through my head that if I slipped the rope would catch me....therefore, every time I moved up for another foot hole you would hear me nervously saying "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!"

I had a great time rappelling with my buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...