Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Youngest-Child-Discrimination

Once again I, Lizzy Fotheringham, am being discriminated for being the youngest child in the family. Many would say "oh that Lizzy, joking around and saying shes discriminated against." To all you who dare to think of my discrimination as merely a "joke" can think again, 'cause this time I have hard evidence to back me up.


Around the year 2005 I was introduced to the New York Yankees. Ever since then I have been a hard core fan of them. I've bought the jerseys, hats, shirts, blankets, and yes even the Yankee tooth brush. I have only broken one rule in the Yankee hand book. Many are shocked to hear that I am also a Boston Red Sox fan. For those of you who don't know a hoot about baseball...the Red Sox and the Yankees are long time rivals....to put it in simple terms, they hate each other's guts, and it is not a good idea to put them in the same room.

Anywho, my dad, a Boston Fan, of all people should know that I would LOVE to go see the Yankees play ball. I have even been talking about wanting to see them. But what does he do? My dad books a vaykay for him and my mom to go see the Yankees play the Mariners. When I first heard of this tragedy my mouth dropped in astonishment. My dad, not even a Yankee lover, is going to not only see a team that I love, but a team that he hates.

Now would you say my discrimination is a "joke"?...I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...