Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Dad and Friend.

As I have gotten older I have noticed just how alike my dad and I really are. My dad has a sense of humor that kills me. One minute I will be sitting and talking to my dad, and the next I am laughing hysterically with one of my best friends.
Most people who know my dad think he is a very serious guy. Well I would too if all I knew about him was that he is a lawyer. There is a lot behind his lawyer disguise. My dad loves family, education, traveling, building unity, and joking around.
The other day my mom asked Sarah to take the sheets off her bed, so she could wash them. My dad then said "Ya, get your sheet together!" Yup, he knew what he was saying. I'm still laughing about it, because I can't picture my dad cussing.
Everyone who has read my past entries knows that I like Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey on SLN. So my dad must have heard me saying some. I was talking to my mom about what quotes I wanted on my room wall. Then my dad said in a serious voice, "Where you are today is where you will start tomorrow." He said something like that, but it was a lot better. Anyways he said it in a Deep Thought kind f way, it made me laugh.
My dad drives Sarah and I to seminary and school in the mornings. Often times, we rock out to the radio. One morning we had the station tuned to 99.5. On our way to school the song 'Man I Feel Like A Woman', by Shania Twain, came on. Sarah and I being girls obviously turned it up and sang along. My dad, being my dad, started to sing along with us. I am very impressed that he knew most of the lyrics. Actually I think I had my camera in the car at the time, but I can't find the video of him singing, sorry. Now whenever you hear Shania Twain think of my dad.
There is a lot I could write about my dad, and his sense of humor, but there is one thing I can always say about him... He is the greatest dad ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...