Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fun on Mt. Hood Meadows


On Saturday I went snowboarding up at Meadows. I drove with my dad and Sarah went in our other friend's car. I took my camera up with me, so I have pictures of my fun adventure.
One of my friends that also came to the Mountain was Heather. She had quite the experience. It was only her second time snowboarding so she didn't quite know how to stop without falling hard. We both went up the ski lift together and when we got to the slope we went cruising down. she was going crazy fast and I was far behind her. I then saw her fall VERY hard. I rushed down the slope to see if she was okay. She was sitting down and she said she felt like throwing up, and her head hurt. I told her to take her board off and sit on it. She sat on it and slid the rest of the way down the slope. But, she didn't make it down in the best way. She hit a tree. At this point she looked like she was going to pass out. I walked with her back to the lodge and she took a Tylenol.

I took a liter Sunkist soda and I almost drank it all by myself. It was a bad idea though because I got to the top of the slope and I had to go to the bathroom really bad, but I didn't want to stop snowboarding. I eventually forced myself back to the lodge. We left the mountain at closing time(10: 00pm) I drove back with my dad again, and there were three guys in the back, very interesting conversation topics. Anyways... I had a great time and I cant wait to hit the slopes again. I just hope it is powder and not ice next time.
In this last picture I might look awake and happy, but really I am ready to sleep forever.

1 comment:

  1. Lizzy - that looked so fun. Poor Heather, though. I never heard the whole story, just the part about hitting a tree. I have some pretty funny stories of things that happened when I went skiiing with my friends in jr. high and high school. Lots of laughs. Those are very fun pictures. I'm glad you had fun. I can relate to the bathroom thing. When I was little (I think I was 9) I peed my snow pants because I didn't make it to the bathroom! (O: It was gross and so embarassing! They should have bathrooms at the top of the lifts!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...