Saturday, January 24, 2009

Go Hawkeyes!!!



Today was the day that I planned on looking up colleges for fun. I wanted to see what I would have to do to get a scholarship. I also wanted to see what college would be good to go to if I for sure wanted to be a teacher.
I first looked up University of Utah. Their web site is crazy hard to find anything on. Although I really do like the honors program they offer, their college does not appeal to my liking. Anyways... I then looked up the obvious, BYU. I never have been able to picture myself going to BYU. I will leave that college for Sarah to go to. After an hour or two of looking at colleges, I thought to myself "Maybe I should look up University of Iowa. After all, my English teacher went there, and she seems to have liked it." Okay, so then I Googled it and I went to the school's site. I looked around and I checked out their major options and tuition costs. At this point I really liked the U of Iowa. After researching their Alumni comments, I took a look at Iowa's Fight song. At the first moment of hearing the song I fell in love.
Sorry to all my fellow U of U friends that I told I would go to Utah for college. Sorry Melissa and mom for not wanting to go to BYU. I love the scenery around Iowa's campus. I especially like the river near by. Ya it would be a long flight home for the holidays, but Iowa is worth it. All I have to do now is buy a whole lot of Hawkeye fan wear, and load up on my Iowa history. I can see it now, Lizzy Fotheringham University of Iowa Alumni. I just get chills thinking about it now. Well University of Iowa "Here I come!"

"The Catch"

Capitol One Bowl, Iowa vs LSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...