Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year's Thanksgiving was a special one. If I was to describe it with a quote I would say "There is always a first for everything."
I had the opportunity to make the turkey this year....yeah, I'm still surprised my parents trusted me to do it. I was excited up until my dad informed me that I had to pull out the "extras" from the turkeys back side...if you know what I mean.

Bath Time!!!

The turkey was definitely made with love ;)

Spencer and Sarah decided to make a movie for Thanksgiving. Whenever Spencer has a camera and it's a holiday we tend to make movies....some of which have made it on to Facebook. (My first day of High School Freshman year I had teachers saying "Hey your the one in Spencer's movie." Not fun!)

Here's Spencer showing Sarah how to look mad.

I will always remember this Thanksgiving. Not because it was so fun or because for the first time I had no homework over break. But because my dad had our family host a dinner at a homeless shelter. At first I was a little nervous, I had never done this kind of thing before and I didn't know what to expect. The dinner turned out great. The amazing thing about the whole experience was that if the family hadn't told me that they were homeless, I would not have been able to tell that they were. It was truly an eye opening moment for me. Just because someone is homeless it doesn't mean they are worthless. If you think about it, Jesus was born homeless yet he has made the biggest and greatest impact on our lives.

When it came time to cut the turkey I insisted to do it myself. Yeah, that didn't turn out so good. I cut one piece and was frustrated with the difficulty of the seemingly easy task. I gladly passed the task over to my dad.

This year was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...