Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon, Midnight Showing....

Last year the wonderful Kelly Burton organized a Twilight party for the midnight showing. It was amazing. This year Kelly has done it again.

With boat loads of homework, Sarah and I drove over to Kelly's house for the New Moon party. We watched Twilight and hung out with a ton of friends.


Kelly decorated her house for the occasion...red carpet and all.


Sarah and Shayna with their vampire fangs.

I have never, and will never, read the Twilight books. But I am always willing to stay up till 4am to watch the movies. It being a school night I was dreading the fact that I had 2 hours to sleep before getting up and going to school. I missed first period and I had planned on "missing" second period to get in some more sleep and to try and study for an up coming test. I called it my "rebel" day. But before I could fully experience my rebellion, I had to tell a past teacher of mine about my midnight adventures. After I had shared my thoughts on New Moon, she asked me what class I was supposed to be in. I knew I was caught. She gave me the you-should-be- disappointed-in-yourself talk. I gave her the evil eye and said she was ruining my life. What a teenager response, I know. After "slamming" her class room door, I was still determined to live out my "rebel" day with Shayna. I got to where Shayna was and I panicked. I felt so guilty for skipping class. I called my mom to tell her what I had done. She laughed and said it was fine. Then I got a pass to go to my class. The guilt was gone and I felt good about not totally skipping out on my classes. But I did make sure to tell my teacher how guilty she had made me feel. Next time I feel the need to be a "rebel" I'm staying far away from Ms. GiultTrip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...