Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fun with Friends

A small group of my friends all had their birthdays around the same time, so they planned to have a birthday party during lunch. Thanks to KaitlynO. we would have a delicious ice cream cake to eat. The day before we planned out all of the details. One minor detail was who would be assigned to bring the lighter. I took the assignment.
The next morning I put the lighter in my pocket and went off the school. I arrived and was hanging out in the library when news was brought to my attention.
In the middle of the library, next to a teacher I openly say "Hey Katie, I brought the lighter for the candles..." Katie hushes me with wide eyes and says "Lizzy be quiet. If security sees you with that you're in trouble." It turns out the school rules are that no students are to have lighters on campus. (That explained why everyone stood around silent when deciding who would bring the lighter.) But what is a birthday cake without candles...burning candles.
Once again I thought the rules didn't apply to me. I mean, I'm The Lizzy Fotheringham. Shouldn't that count for something? Despite my thought process, I decide it would be best if I put the lighter deep in my backpack for the rest of the day.
The little party we had during lunch turned out great...and the cake was amazing.

I thought it would be a good idea to take a picture with Katie holding the lighter, because if a fire just happened to start I would have some evidence proving I was innocent ;)



That weekend we stayed up pretty late and, as you can see, when Sarah gets tired she ties scarves around my head to make a turban...It was cold so I had no exception to the added warmth.
We also had to set up the tree. Yes, I said "setup"...fake tree. The year we had a beetle come out of our tree was the year we stopped cutting down out own Christmas trees.
I went caroling with some friends. I'm not much of a singer so I feel sorry for the people I sang to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...