Monday, February 9, 2009

My Poems

Okay, so my secret got out. By now you have all heard a little something about me and how I wrote poems for a while. Ya, it's true. It all started when my English teacher gave me the assignment of writing a poem for class. I didn't think I would like it, because I'm not the type of person to share what I feel, and we all know poems hold nothing back. But I got really into the words and a couple of my poems turned out okay.


Basically most of my poems have something to do with my mom's past cancer stage. I realized that I had some stuff that needed to be said, so I put it into a creative writing style. I just hope my words are encouraging and some what of a support for others going through challenging situations. Writing these poems helped me to process and accept the past experiences I faced. I am incredibly grateful for my teacher, Ms. Mulvey for helping, understanding, and encouraging me with my poems.


Here are a couple of the poems I've written. (Double click to read the framed ones.)

This first poem was the one I wrote for class. It is shaped in a pink ribbon, because we had to make our poems look like something.



This next poem is one I wrote about what the panic attack I had during school, after hearing about my mom's cancer.
Panic Attack
Like a flood
Fear rushed in
Drowning me with anxiety.
My dam of stress
Crumbled to pieces.
The wave of tears
Consumed me.
The rock in my throat
Made breathing impossible.
I couldn’t stop
My trembling hands.
Questioning faces stared
As I fought for ease.
My eyes searched
For any comfort,
Then it was found
A life line,
Instead of staring
He gave a helping hand.
In time
Tears secede.
But fears from then
Still seep in
Causing tears now.
I wrote this poem as a Christmas for my mom.
She is my hero
She is there
To give me care
Preparing me for the day
When challenges come my way.

She is my hero
Without hesitation
She is my inspiration
Cancer is what she fought
And she lost a lot.

She is my hero
Through thick n’ thin
She helps me win
I would love her to bide
Always by my side
Nothing keeps us apart
Cause we are connected at the heart.

I’ll like her always,
Love her forever,
As long as I’m living
My mom she will be.
This was my second poem.
No Title
Without warning
It starts attacking.
It is the kind
That degrades the mind.
This selfish disease
Puts you to your knees.
If you stand up n’ fight
You will be alright.
You might lose a lot
But give it all you got.
You will have to endure
Till we find the Cure.
I wrote this poem for my English teacher.
Ms. Mulvey
My stress was at its peak
Then you showed me how to speak,
Now I feel
I can heal.
When I need to share
You are there to care,
There is no expression
For my appreciation.
You’ve done a service
That had great purpose,
You help me in a way
I can only try to repay.
For all you do
I say Thank You.
I wrote this poem to show why I wrote poems.
Poetry Is My Providence
I remember the day
When the news came my way,
I didn’t speak breath or cry
I still don’t know why.
I just can’t contain
These feelings that remain
I tried to seek
A way to speak,
Now I’ve found
Something profound.
A way to confess
All of my stress
Now my voice
Has the choice
To speak
What I think.
Free is my mind
Never again confined
I say with confidence
“Poetry is my providence.”
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...