Monday, June 28, 2010

The Nagging Can Stop


For two years my family and friends have been nagging me about getting my permit. One, I am a little scared of cops, two, I don't want to crash, and three, I don't want to fail the test. None of my brothers or sisters had to read the book before taking the permit test, but I just knew I would be the one who has to read it in order to pass. Sarah convinced me that all I had to do was lightly skim over the pages. And I believed her. I went in February to take the test and...failed. I failed the test by one question. Yeah, I was pretty disappointed. After that, I wasn't in any hurry to take it again.
My family began to pester me about driving again. So this time, I read the whole book...twice. I got to the DMV and passed with a 94%....drastically better than before.
I proudly stuck my temporary paper permit in my wallet.
Oh, and acording to my permit, my last name is Otheringham.
All I have to do now is muster up the guts to get behind the wheel and drive. The way I see it, I've been doing the community a great service by staying in the passenger seat. Well, don't blame me for the dents and scratches to come...you are the ones who nagged me to get behind the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...