Saturday, June 19, 2010

High Adventure 2010

Four hours after students screamed "summer" through the halls of every school in Hillsboro, I was on my way to a weekend of the great out doors.
High Adventure was held at the beautiful Oxbow Regional Park this year. The park is next to YMCA's Camp Collins, so we spent a day out on the ropes too.


Setting up a tent can quickly turn into a fishing trip when you're with my girlies.
We were camped right along side the Sandy River. There are not many things better than falling asleep to the tranquil sounds of a running river.I do believe I have rubbed off on my friends...their all turning into tree huggin' hippies. Next thing you know their all gunna want dreads too. Sarah made what she calls a "Hobo dinner" for our meal. It was quite tasty.Sarah and I had a great time at the ropes course.Sarah was itching for her turn at the "Leap of Faith". I got a video of her jumping 50ft off a platform hanging in a tree. I took my camera with me to the top for my jump.The next course we did would be perfect for the adrenaline-junky. I'll try to post the videos of this one too.It started raining our second night there. While every one was down in the dumps because on the rain, I put my shorts and poncho on, and took in the refreshing breath of nature. I spent my last morning of camp hiking through the jaw-dropping shades of green that paint this landscape of Oregon. Spending my first days of Summer out camping was a renewing and reviving way to release myself from the old stresses of school. I plan on spending plenty more summer days with my dear friend Nature.

2 comments:

  1. You're my kinda girl Lizzie! If you ever want to explore NH again, come on over-its beautiful! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I cant wait to see you. Maybe I can convince dad to let me spend a summer in NH. I'm gunna need someone to destract me while sarah heads off to college.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...