Friday, July 24, 2009

Week Three in Roundup Mt

Hey Y’all! This week was so slow that I, some how, got enough patients to scrapbook. I got all of my camp pictures scrapbooked…and, if I may say so myself, the pages look pretty darn good for what normally comes from my scrapbooking at home.
This week I drove on highway 87. Yup, no joke, and I don’t even have my permit. I do have to add that Roundup, Montana highways are completely different than our Portland highways. At 5 o’clock in Portland, you can expect to be in stop and go traffic all the way home. But here, the most traffic I’ve seen consists of, at most, four cars. Oh, and not to forget, I only drove about 30 feet down the highway before getting to the turn off I needed. However, my heart was still racing five minutes after that. Good thing there are no cops in Roundup.

That same day Amber and I went down to the Hooderite Colony (not sure if that’s how it’s spelled.) We met up with Carol and drove down to the river.

At the river we went fishing. I had to hold a worm, I almost died. Once I got my fishing poll, I got my thumb stuck on the hook, it hurt.

I was the only one to catch a fish that day. I was pretty proud of my accomplishment. I’d have to give a little credit to Lardy for all this fishing advice in class.


Fishing got boring so we hopped in the river. I was scared of being bitten by a fish the whole time.





I guess I shouldn’t have been scared of the fish; I should have been scared of the leaches. When we got back to the house Amber held out her hand and right between two fingers was a leach. It was right then that I began to flip out and look at my arms and legs for leaches. Thankfully, none were found.
I can check off four more things on my list of activities to do while here.
~Get a Portland postcard in the mail (I’ve always wanted one)
~Catching a baby Cat Fish
~Swimming in leach infested waters
~Illegally driving on the highway
Today my dad is officially 50 years old. Sorry dad, the world has to know who our senior citizens are. Hey at least you can get the senior discount. Okay my teasing is done; I wasn’t there to tease you in person, so it’s only far.
This weekend I will be going backpacking with Amber at Red Lodge. I’m a little nervous about sleeping outside with all the bears and snakes. But I’m excited to sleep under the stars. Stay tuned to find out if I get back alive.
Until next time, enjoy the Rose City!
PS. For all of you who know how much I don't read, I have finished two books...booyeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...