Saturday, July 25, 2009

Backpacking at Red Lodge

Last weekend Amber and I went backpacking up at Red Lodge. This experience proved to me just how out of shape I am. The view at the top of the mountains was great.

At Vista Point in Wyoming.Flippin' amazing truck.I had to cross a shark infested ocean to get to the snow on the other side.
In my efforts to cross the shark-infested-ocean I was swallowed by a whale. I rolled the rock, that I'm sitting on, down the whales throat and then it spit me out.
I think this is the exact spot I am going to build my house. I would have plenty of visitors hiking by each day.
We got to this point and had to go all the way back, I'm told it's not a good idea to be on the top of a mountain while there is lightening.I, eventually, got to play in the snow.Me crossing the treacherous waters below.
Just picture me holding a fishing pole.No, that is not a helicopter above my head. It's a mosquito. Oh that's Amber, by the way.
That was the hardest hike I had ever done.
The next day we hiked up to Basin Lake, in Montana. It was a very nice hike.
We hiked to the Upper Basin Lake and ate lunch. That was the first time I had ever eaten MRE's...surprisingly tasty. When we got to the Upper Basin Lake, we went swimming. Yup, I went swimming in a glacial lake...I was freezing and far from dry.
On the way down it started hailing with lightening. I thought Montana was supposed to be a dry state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...