Saturday, July 18, 2009

Week TWO in Montana

Hello my fellow Oregonians. Sorry ‘bout all the miss spells last week. My grandma’s computer doesn’t have spell check. I’m just going to use that as my excuse for horrible spelling skills. But you know what? You can’t blame me for the ‘spell check generation’ I was born in.
I’ve been here two weeks and they still haven’t kicked me out. Let’s get straight to the good stuff.
I had a picnic with my grandma this week. As you can see I am enjoying my very own quart of chocolate milk. To tell you the truth, I drank about half of it and was so full I wanted to…you know; get it out of my stomach.

What really cracks me up is how much chocolate milk my grandma drinks. You might say chocolate milk is her beer. In that case, I should have been driving. If she knew I posted this picture she’d prolly kill me….but it’s so worth it.

I went to the zoo here in Montana. I didn’t even know they had one. I was so pumped to see all the animals they have in Montana.

This little cutie is Taylor. I just love this picture because she made the same face that I always make. It’s like she’s my little apprentice.

I prepared myself to see all the lions, snakes, and etc. However, I came to find out that all I needed to be prepared to see were some horses, goats, bears, and bunnies that couldn’t even be considered Killer Bunnies. I guess I shouldn’t harp on the innocent, little zoo. At least they had one. I bet it saves a lot of moms from having to plan out stuff to do at home all day.

Seeing the Bald Eagle confirmed to me why it is our nation’s symbol. If looks killed I would be long gone.
The zoo might have had a microscopic selection of animals, but they sure did spread them out. I felt like I was walking the distance of a marathon from one cage to the next. Plus the little kids wanted me to give piggy-back rides. Yeah, I was feeling my age by the end of the day. Who ever made up that style of traveling is definitely NOT on my favorite-five list.

I now know why parents take their kids to the Zoo. All the kids, including me, fell asleep on the way home.

I went on my first trek to the mail box. It took me forever, but I did get to see nature.

I was planning on being helpful by getting the mail and bringing it back home. My plan was shot down and so was my energy level. I opened the mailbox to find nothing but dust. Gee, thanks to my so called friends in Oregon, I had nothing to be excited about on my way home.

On Friday we went swimming…Montana style.

When I first saw this sign on the bridge I wondered... “Hmmm, this small town has a problem with suicides, or they have a problem with their depth perception; it’s easy to see that the river is only four feet deep.”
Taylor found out how much she likes to play in the mud. She insisted on drawing faces on everyone.



I’ve definitely had a memorable two weeks here in “Small Town USA” (that’s a country song, if you didn’t know.) If my grandma had something faster than Dial-Up I’d tell you all my funny experiences that I’ve mailed home to my family. I’ll try to convince Sarah to write about them on her blog.
I’ll write again next week. Until then, enjoy Oregon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...