Monday, May 27, 2013

4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies

There is a recipe on Pinterest for peanut butter cookies that consists of only 4 ingredients. I went to the photo's link and read that a lady had been making them for a really long time and she said "these are the best peanut butter cookies I've ever tastes". I was pretty skeptical of her statement, having had some pretty darn good cookies in my life time. Since the recipe calls for only four ingredients I decided to give it a try.
The batter actually tastes really good. There is one thing I'd change about the recipe, but other than that the cookies are a success. If you like soft cookies these are for you. They are really peanut buttery, which is a good thing for most of us peanut butter lovers. Just be sure to have a glass of milk or water when you eat a cookie.
Here is the recipe with my alterations to the original.
 Ingredients:
1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions: 
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
  2. Mix the peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until combined.  
  3. Roll with hands medium balls of dough and place on cookie sheet. 
  4. Flatten the dough balls with a fork, making a cross pattern on the cookies.  
  5. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes. The cookies may look and feel like they are not done, but as they cool they will change. Allow the cookies to rest on the counter for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. In my opinion the cookies taste better once completely cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...