Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I woke up one morning with the image of eating breakfast as a small child in my head. I'm not sure if I dremt about it that night or if the smell of my own breakfast being made downstairs simply awakened it. The image wasnt quite clear, but by the end of that day, I managed to pull my "Four Year Old Lizzy" files out from the deepest corner of my mind. I remembered eating oatmeal with mini eggs inside that turned into Dinasaurs.
Over the course of several months, I willingly offered to go with my mom to buy the groceries. I would search the store shelves, determined to find my dinasure oatmeal. (I went on many grocery trips this past year.)
Have you ever heard the saying "You find what you're looking for when you stop looking for it"? Well, that's exactly what happened to me. I was picking up some milk form Albertson's and right as I turned around my eye caught a long lost friend. My Dino Eggs Oatmeal!!!
I baught a box for myself. ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is my sons favorite oatmeal too! We have serveral boxes in our pantry at all times...except that one time we ran out. =) He has to dig out all the eggs, then make a "nest" out of the oatmeal to place the eggs in before you are allowed to poor the water over it. He is very funny about how he eats it.

    We really stock up on the stuff when it goes on sale at Albertsons for $1.50 a box. We got about 8 boxes last time. I will be sure and email you when it goes on sale again. You can make yourself a secret stash. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...