Monday, May 17, 2010

My cult initiation

I was invited to join the National Honor Society. I only knew two things for sure about NHS before joining; one, it looks good on a college app, and two, the induction ceremony is ridiculous. I tried so hard to make up reasons not to attend. I couldn't use Lacrosse practice b/c it ended before the event. And what do ya know, it's the first Monday with no Lacrosse game either. Life was punishing me.
I went to the "candle lighting ceremony". I felt like I was being initiated into a secret cult. I had the hardest time not laughing while I had to stand, raise my right hand, and repeat a pledge (I still don't know what I pledged to do.)
I guess there was one cool part of the night though. One of the teachers at my school was there to give a speech. She was also my third grade teacher. It has been nice to have her in elementary as a teacher and now see her in the halls at my high school.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Lizzie. Caleb joined last year and the ceremony WAS ridiculous-his candle kept blowing out-it was funny. See you in SAN DIEGO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats genious! This may just be my favorite photo of you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, tell me what's going on in that head of yours...